Monday, November 19, 2012

Hostess Comic Book Ads

I know I promised that this entry would have more about Designer Con and would have a bunch of awesome images, but I'm still behind in image editing. Instead, I'll post these awesome old Hostess advertisements I found in some of my comics:

From "Our Fighting Forces" Issue No. 163


From "Kamandi" Issue No. 43


I'll be honest and say that I have never been much of a fan of Hostess products. They don't particularly taste like anything, often leaving a weird, waxy texture in your mouth - almost like you ate an entire container of rainbow sprinkles - and some of the products (like Twinkies) tend to have "mystery moisture" inside of the packaging. However, reading about how Batman saves the day thanks to a little help from some Hostess fruit pies, or how Hostess cupcakes help Superman save the entire planet are definitely share worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment